Firearms safety is the most important responsibility we have as gun owners and users. It is not only our duty to practice and adhere to the basic firearms safety rules, but it is also our obligation to teach those rules of safety to new shooters and children.
Be Safe, Be Responsible, and remember to:
1. Treat All Firearms as loaded weapons.
2. Do Not Point the firearm at anything you do not want to shoot.
3. Keep Your Finger Off the trigger until ready to fire.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
5. Do not rely on your gun's "safety."
6. Use the correct ammunition.
7. If your gun fails to fire, handle with care!
8. Always wear ear and eye protection when shooting.
9. Be sure the barrel is clear of any obstructions.
10. Do not alter or modify your firearm.
11. Learn your gun’s mechanical and handling characteristics.
12. Firearms should be unloaded and
secured when not in use.
13. Never handle a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND BE PREPARED WITH A FIREARMS SAFETY OR CONCEALED CARRY TRAINING CLASSES
LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY, NOT OFFERED ONLINE
1)Basic Firearms Operation and Safety Class
Price: FREE Time: Takes about 30 minutes. When? Wednesday & Saturday
This class is offered as a free public service to the community to ensure every firearms owner receives the proper training on how to safely handle a gun. You will learn the basics of loading, unloading, firing, clearing malfunctions, and securely storing your firearms. Highly recommend for new gun owners, as well as family members who want a basic knowledge of a firearm in the house. Safe handling is the main objective of this class. Live fire training will not be conducted in this class.
2) Concealed Handgun Carry Training Class
This class is offered for free to anyone interested in acquiring
a Weapons Carry License and legally conceal carrying a handgun in public. This
class is run jointly by the Hart County Sheriff’s Office and Hartwell Police
Department. Topics of this class include: Choosing the right
Handgun & Holster, Local and State Laws, Legality of Use of Deadly Force, Restricted Zones, Out-of State Reciprocity, Legal traveling with a gun, etc. For more info and to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org . *Registration in advance required. Gun and WCL not required. Live fire training will not be conducted in this class. LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY, NOT OFFERED ONLINE
3) Concealed Handgun
Carry Live Fire Field Training Class
This class will teach you how to safely and legally carry your handgun. You will also be taught how to aim, fire, load, and unload your weapon using live ammunition. You will learn how to effectively shoot a target in order to stop an assailant. Safe carrying and defensive shooting will be the main objective of this class. You will receive 1-on-1instruction. This class is run jointly by the Hart County Sheriff’s Office and Hartwell Police Department. For more info and to register, email email@example.com . *Registration in advance required. Must previously have attended the 1st training class. LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY, NOT OFFERED ONLINE